Saturday, December 15, 2012

Some of the Many Great Resources

I figured as long as I showed you two of the many many resources available, I ought to take the time to show you just a couple more.

One of my favorite free places to search is Rootsweb. I used this for years and still do once in a while. To find the proper genweb's page I google the county state and rootsweb. For example, Onondage County New York rootsweb.

Another one of my favorite free sites is the LDS site, familysearch. They have many census records that you can view for free.

Northern New York Historical Newspapers is great for many northern New York counties. There are many years of newspapers on that site.

As I previously mentioned, FultonHistory and Ancestry are my favorite researching sites.

There are many great resources available to anyone looking to research, whether you are a serious researcher or a past time researcher, there is something out there for you. Sometimes the best "treasures" I find are in the places I thought last to look (online).

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment